It’s right around the corner, Vancouver’s premier children’s event, the Vancouver International Children’s Festival! The VICF is the same age as I am and has always been one of the world’s best children’s festivals.
Here are five reasons I think you should go.
1. The VICF is dedicated to the development of children and the field of arts and culture for young audiences. At the Festival you and your kids will get the opportunity to see local, national and international performances that will both inspire and knock your socks off!
2. The VICF offers a number of cool activity zones that are included with your show tickets. The Celebration Zone, the Exploration Zone and the Imagination Zone will keep you and your kids busy all day with fun activities, crafts and much more.
3. Face Painting! This has been a highlight of the festival since I used to go as a kid!
4. If you are coming to the festival as a family of 4 or more there are discounted tickets. If you buy 10 or more tickets there are even bigger discounts!
5. Finally, this year’s festival is very special for me. This is the first time Will Stroet and the Backyard Band are headliners at the Vancouver International Children’s Festival. I’m super excited about my performances and want all of you to come. We are also using this event as the launching pad for my new DVD of music videos called “Will’s Jams”. Tickets are still available for my June 3rd show. May 30th is sold out!
If you still need convincing check out the festival’s promotional video.
Pebble on and we’ll see you at the festival!